Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:28:08AM +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 17.01.2014, 16:24 -0800 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > > oh, and one thing i forgot, replacing the android side for testing your
> > > changes locally means to boot the device into the initrd (by modifying
> > > the kernel cmdline) and dd'ing the three img files to the respective
> > > partitions ...

> > There's no reason you need to reboot to recovery to dd over the partition :)

> you mean i should dd to a mounted device ?

Sure.  If the partition in question is mounted read only, this should work
fine.  It might break something in the running session related to that
filesystem mount, but that won't prevent you from completing the update over
adb and rebooting.

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx