Re: Device-Specific configs in debs

hi,
Am Samstag, den 18.01.2014, 22:56 -0800 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> >  * /etc/fstab to specify the system partition device node because
> > auto-detection fails for some devices (possible fix is
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch/+bug/1199084
> >  )
>
> Yes, this should be fixed in the initramfs, not by patching /etc/fstab.  In
> fact, for production devices, I expect that the system partition will be the
> root filesystem, so this would certainly need to be handled from the
> initramfs...

on the initial flipped container model the system partition is the
android /system partition, unlike with loop mounts the mounting is
handled via mountall there and fstab is created during first boot ...

once stephane has the system-image creation for ports ready (afaik the
code is ready since a while, but due to lacking tests can not be
released yet) we can drop the support for the old flipped model and
re-write the porting documentation for it, by then the fstab creation
won't be needed anymore.

ciao
	oli