Re: [Porting] Unity8: Failed to load platform plugin "ubuntu".

On Sunday 19 January 2014 22:15:12 f69m wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> Just trying to port the latest "trusty" to the Asus TF300T using the
> 'phablet-trusty' android branch and today's image from:
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/current/trusty-pre
> installed-touch-armhf.zip
>
> Finally I managed to drop some device-specific config files, boot into
> Ubuntu and start the Android container, but Unity8 is not starting. In
> the logfile I can see the following error:
>
>     Failed to load platform plugin "ubuntu". Available platforms are:
>     eglfs
>     kms
>     linuxfb
>     minimal
>     minimalegl
>     ubuntumirclient
>     ubuntumirserver
>     xcb
>

> Unfortunately, I didn't find any docs like a man page for Unity8, but my
> best guess is that the issue is caused by:
>
>     QT_QPA_PLATFORM=ubuntu
>
> That is set in /etc/profile.d/qpa_plugin.sh.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, /etc/profile.d/qpa_plugin.sh sets the QPA to either "ubuntumirclient"
(if you're using Mir (meaning you have the "$HOME/.display-mir" file)) or to
"ubuntu" if you are not using Mir.

The "ubuntu" QPA is what we had when we used SurfaceFlinger but it seems we
are not compiling it anymore, so my immediate guess is that you should try
using Mir.

<some minutes pass>

Actually by looking at the qtubuntu debian/rules file it seems that it is
still actually trying to compile it but failing to. I just opened a bug about
that https://bugs.launchpad.net/qtubuntu/+bug/1271464

So I guess your options are:
 * Try using mir
 * If you know debian packaging try to help fixing the bug i just opened
 * If you can recompile packages, recompile the qtubuntu package with the
dirty hack i mention on the bug
 * Otherwise wait until the bug gets fixed

Hope this helps,
  Albert