Landing team 22.01.14

Fresh news of the day!

Unfortunately, we can't promote an image today. More investigation on the go.
We built images #142 and #143.

142 contains:
* latest enhancement on scopes backend API

143 contains:
* latest keyboard enhancement with spell checking in multiple languages (if enabled, still disabled by default). This keyboard should fix a maliit crasher on flacky tests * libusermetric fix for shipping the latest HUD version (HUD blocked by alpha2 freeze for now in proposed)

Olivier found a fix for Oliver (please follow ;)) on the webapp container not having a back button(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1271436). The fix is in the proposed pocket for now (blocked by alpha2 freeze)

We also had some issues in the self-service citrain system due to canonistack shutdown on lcy02. We moved to lcy01 and it was a good exercise to see how we can setup a new version. However, the latest part rsync is still not functional.

So, why no image promotion? Tests result on image 142 are mostly looking good. However, we do have some maliit crashers which are almost looking like the ones that were mentioned previously on this ML. The keyboard change in image 143 is supposed to fix it, so we didn't want to take any risk to promote a new crasher.

Image 143 has however the OSK totally broken (which wasn't the case in individual tests it seems), and so, we can expect a lot of test failures. The keyboard is crashing and non functional. We give 1h30 from now to upstream to investigate, if nothing, we'll revert the ubuntu-keyboard + ubuntu-touch-meta changes so that the image spinned up during the night should give us a promotable image again.

I update the going green section with the discussions that happened meanwhile on the ML:
*notes_app* (Bill/Zoltan):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/ -> Olivier tried a little bit more on that one (we saw more of setUp() function randomly failing). It seems he need help, maybe the SDK team as it can toolbar related can help? A bug report to track that is filed as https://bugs.launchpad.net/notes-app/+bug/1271054.

*weather-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/ -> Networking failure. This is changing to TWC api, and yes, there will need to be some mocking. This is WIP by development team. A big rollover to the new API will be landing soon.

*ubuntu-keyboard/maliit crash* (Kevin/Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/ ubuntu-keyboard supposed to fix that landed... but as you saw, we need to have the keyboard working first ;)

*clock-app *(Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/ -> From Nicholas: "No luck in reproducing yet. -- the emulator won't run clock atm, investigating. Xnox, I see you seem to have results (passing), but I've only gotten crashes." -> this one refailed today on mako (on test_run_preset which is calling test_add_preset): http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/133:20140117:20140115.1/6118/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/677464/

Nicholas told: (quoting)
Found several probable causes for these failures. Seems to be a combination of the bug below on MIR, and a potential UITK issue with tab switching.

Probable MIR bug:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/130:20140115.1:20140115.1/6087/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/671736/
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/126:20140113.1:20140107.1/6050/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/664258/
Tab switching:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/642628/
Today's run contains an actual test failure possibility, looking into
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/131:20140116:20140115.1/6095/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/673039/

Sergio is working to land a fix for this -- Chris Gagnon confirmed the changes allowed the tests to pass properly on maguro, so fingers crossed :-) (thanks Chris!)

*calendar-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/141:20140121.1:20140115.1/6204/calendar-app-autopilot/
Nicholas is working on it, the CI team and others will help him to get access to maguro devices.

*dialer_app* crash (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/ -> The team is looking into it (doesn't seem to happen on the emulator though)

*terminal app* (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what needs work. Plugin author isn't able to look at the issue until next week, so we're on hold until then.

More (positive I hope) news tomorrow :)
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups