Landing team 23.01.14

Hey!

Good news today, we promoted image #144. This one has a very good pass rate, good dogfooding results and the keyboard issue discovered yesterday was fixed! Also, there is the fix for the webapps getting back the "back" button now. The clock has also been updated to its latest to fix AP tests and add some more for the stopwatch.

Let's keep the ball rolling, we are kicking a new image now to get latest libhybris and android config changes to support android 4.4. We had some network-related issues on the daily release system. Those are now fixed and the landing are starting back.

We are continuing working on the CI Train program with the upstreams (autopilot and system-settings + some desktop components in particular) to speed them up to this process.

Some nice improvements on the going green:
*notes_app* (Bill/Zoltan):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/ -> Olivier tried a little bit more on that one (we saw more of setUp() function randomly failing). It seems he need help, maybe the SDK team as it can toolbar related can help? A bug report to track that is filed as https://bugs.launchpad.net/notes-app/+bug/1271054.

*weather-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/ -> Networking failure. This is changing to TWC api, and yes, there will need to be some mocking. This is WIP by development team. A big rollover to the new API will be landing soon.

*ubuntu-keyboard/maliit crash* (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/ -> no maliit crash on latest run for now with the latest keyboard, let's keep fingers crossed

*clock-app *(Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/
-> no failures for now with clock app, let's keep as well fingers crossed :)

*calendar-app* (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/141:20140121.1:20140115.1/6204/calendar-app-autopilot/
Nicholas is working on it, the CI team and others will help him to get access to maguro devices.

*dialer_app* crash (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/ -> The team is looking into it (doesn't seem to happen on the emulator though)

*terminal app* (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what needs work. Plugin author isn't able to look at it for now, so we're on hold until then.

So, 2 less on the list, let's hope that the incoming image will confirm those being out!
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups