Re: Call for testing: experimental 4.4.2 based images

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/24/2014 10:58 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> As some of you already know, I'm currently porting our Android code
>> base to 4.4.2 (we're currently based on 4.2.2), and enabling support
>> for a few additional devices (not all are officially supported though,
>> but I'm happy to help the community builders).
>>
>> Just got to the point when bug reports are actually useful, so if you
>> have either a grouper (Nexus 7), manta (Nexus 10), mako (Nexus 4), flo
>> (Nexus 7 2013) or hammerhead (Nexus 5), and want to help testing the
>> 4.4.2 changes, this is for you :-)
>

> I managed to get your code up and running on my mako, with a little help
> from Oliver's pre-made zip.
>
> I've mostly concentrated on telephony, and most of the basic functions seems
> OK ( GPRS, SMS, voice calls ), although I did notice that the audio isn't
> working correctly for voice calls.  I can hear myself in the ear-piece of
> the mako when I speak, but not on the remote phone.  It doesn't seem to
> matter which direction the call is made.
>
> Let me know if you'd like me to file a bug.

I noticed that from time to time the Audio HAL returns an error when
setting up the modes (try speaker phone as well). I'll dig a bit
further this week, but a bug would be good to have.

Try rebooting, at least when I tested, it worked fine for most of the times.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo