Re: Landing team 28.01.14

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, we saw a real new regression:  If you open the accounts page in the
> settings app and close it you can't reopen it[1]. Robert is bisecting the
> latest image to find the guilty component (we have some idea of what's
> causing it). We are actively working on getting this fixed for tomorrow.

Inconclusive.

First of all, I'm not able to reproduce the issue in image 150, on a
mako. If I open the accounts page, and then close it, and then open it
again, it opens. There is a short delay that is slightly annoying, but
it most definitely *does* open. I tried it several times and it always
opened, even if it took 1-2 seconds it always opened.

Then I flashed image 149, and noticed more or less the same behavior.
It always opened, but sometimes there was a delay. It's difficult to
measure if the delay is longer in image 150 or not. Because the
differences in delay were difficult to measure, it was difficult to
pinpoint any particular package as increasing this delay.

qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-contacts0.1 is the only one in the list of
updated packages that seems even slightly related to online accounts,
so as a guess I would say that one is responsible. But as I was not
able to reproduce the issue I can't say for sure that this package
introduced it.