Re: universe vs. main packages in the image

On 14-01-30 10:52 AM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Marc Deslauriers
> <marc.deslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 14-01-30 10:20 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>>> libavcodec54
>>> libavformat54
>>> libavutil52
>>> libdvdnav4
>>> libdvdread4
>>> libfaad2
>>> libfluidsynth1
>>> libmodplug1
>>> libmp3lame0
>>> libmpg123-0
>>> libx264-123
>>> libxvidcore4
>>
>> Any idea what is pulling in libav and the zillion multimedia libraries? We just
>> kicked them out of main because we deemed them unsupportable for Trusty from a
>> security point of vue...
>>

> gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad looks to be the culprit?

Yeah, that looks like it. It's being pulled in by ubuntu-touch.

Does anyone know why we require the "bad" codecs? If there's only one or two we
need, we could possibly move it over to one of the other packages...

Marc.