Question about off-topic comments in core-apps code

Hi,

I noticed a comment in a source file of some core apps :
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-filemanager-dev/ubuntu-filemanager-app/trunk/view/head:/VerticalDivider.qml, lines 2:4. It's obvious that such comment is completely off-topic in a source code, specially when it's an open-source app under the responsibility of an international company.

I was wondering if it's ok to accept such kind of comments : is there any rule/policy that handle such case?

If we look in the long term, allowing such comments may result in anyone writing any kind of comments : some personal humour, some political opinion, some advertising and finally some span ("enlarge your code !" ;-) sorry, couldn't resist !)

Do you remember that months ago, Microsoft had to officially apologize for a simple constant in a source file ? (1). So I think Canonical should prevent that kind of problem.

Regards,
Michel

(1) http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2012/07/21/microsoft-removes-embarrassing-big-boobs-string-from-linux-code/

Follow ups