Re: Call for testing: experimental 4.4.2 based images

Yeah, adding support for sideload might be a good idea. It's just alias for
adb push file.zip /sdcard/sideload.zip though, that's all, so it won't be
faster or anything just a tiny bit more user friendly.

You should be able to update these testing images quite safely if you set
FLASH_KERNEL_SKIP=1. The initrd and kernel won't be updated, but it doesn't
change very often. Also, if any of the packages MultiROM modified gets
updated, you can re-patch them in recovery, via Advanced -> MutliROM ->
List ROMs -> *rom* -> Re-patch init.

    export FLASH_KERNEL_SKIP=1
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

Remember these are very early testing images, they'll soon get replaced by
proper images on system-image.ubuntu.com. Once that happens, updating it'll
be much better, since MultiROM can handle OTA updates via system-image
correctly (whereas it is not feasible to do so for updates via apt-get).