Landing team 05.02.14

Hey

We hit 2 regressions today on the 2 images that were produced: 163 and 164
- location-service is taking 90% of the CPU. The fix is just finished upstream. dbus-cpp (where we can't flush trunk, so we have direct uploads needed to a silo) and location-service will fix those. There is no easy way to back them out, so we had to wait for a fix. - latest protobuf version, as in the desktop, is preventing any application to start. The fix is in for a few hour, so just waiting for an image to be kicked in.

However, dbus-cpp isn't in a good shape in term of ABI. We are taking a pragmatic decision to unblock the whole chain. This change won't be merged upstream though. Once location-service fix is in (will probably be still a couple of hour, time to build, test and migrate), we are going to build a new image.

The upload of xorg-server into the archive delayed the Mir landing. Testing is done, but we will get it published only once a new image is kicked and we are sure we are in a good state. All other landings are blocked on the new image to be kicked in as well.

We are growing the knowledge around CITrain, and now, the whole landing team should have all required knowledge to help executing this process.

That's it for the news of the day,
Didier

Follow ups