Re: Using a zip file?

In case anyone out there actually does have to handle zip archives:

The QuaZIP project (http://quazip.sourceforge.net/) provides a Qt interface to zip and unzip archives. This is what I'm currently using in my epub reader. (Epubs are just glorified zip archives.)

There are also several pure-Javascript zip libraries out there. However, they are targeted for the browser JS environment, not the more limited QML JS environment. I did get JSZip (http://stuk.github.io/jszip/) working with QML before (details: http://rschroll.github.io/beru/2013/08/16/javascript-libraries.html), but it was slow and occasionally buggy.

Robert