Planned Maintenance Advisory: CI Touch Smoke / CI Dashboard

The CI team will be landing changes to the Touch smoke testing process and the CI dashboard to bring in some new improvements and changes. On the back end, these changes will make it so that all autopilot tests run with autopilot directly, and batches of tests can be submitted for retesting at a time. On the dashboard, tests that are currently running will show up as "running" on the dashboard while they are in progress, and results will show up quickly after the test finishes rather than after scheduled polling intervals.

These changes have been running on daily images in staging for quite some time now, and we are reasonably confident that everything will go smoothly. However, in order to avoid disruption, we plan to integrate these changes this Friday, February 7 so that they can be monitored over the weekend. We plan to do this sometime between 14:00 and 18:00 UTC, after any testing is complete on previously built images. No other services should be interrupted in the process.

-andy