From: "Mathijs Veen" <mathijsv33n@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: ‎06-‎02-‎2014 04:40 PM
To: "ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] Cellular dataroaming

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what the development status is of (cellular) dataroaming for touch. I was travelling abroad last week and found no way of getting dataroaming to work.

Celular system settings sugests that this can be configured and in fact, when Cellular data & Data roaming were swithed on, available carriers did appear. But when selected, no data connection is created.
(I was using Maguro btw)

I discussed this on #ubuntu-touch irc with nhaines. I have come to understand that this feauture is still largely built up of placeholders and is not functioning atm.  Also, I was advised to point this out on this mailing list, as it may not have the highest focus.

I will be happy to do an LP bug repport for this as well, if needed (unless this is already WIP). If so, which function should I repport it against? System-settings?

Cheers,

Mat

Follow ups