rootstock-ng, new features and ubuntu-system image support

hi,

I finally managed to finish the rootstock-ng installer that can be used
for any device that has the android .img files available to perform an
ubuntu-system installation (loop mounted readonly images as you know
them from the supported devices)

There is a README.rootstock-touch-install file in the tree that roughly
describes how to perform an install, it should theoretically work with
any device that is able to run ubuntu-touch out there (including all the
ports if they are able to use a recent trusty rootfs)

This should enable more people to actually use their devices for testing
and together with the rootstock-touch script it should also enable you
to prepare one of the supported devices with a readonly image that
includes packages provided in a PPA (i.e. the long awaited Qt 5.2
testing image can be easily build now)

I'll quickly outline how to use the two scripts:

Installing a flo (Nexus7 2013) experimental image with the necessary Mir
PPA from rsalveti added:

-----

First we install the needed dependencies:

sudo apt-get install android-tools-fsutils qemu-arm-static
android-tools-adb

Now we branch the rootstock-ng tree including the scripts and move into
the direcotry:

bzr branch lp:project-rootstock-ng
cd project-rootstock-ng

Here we now run the rootstock-touch script with rsalvetis PPA included
so the needed Mir packages for the flo get included:

./rootstock-touch -p pps:rsalveti/ppa

The above command will take about 90 minutes on a mildly fast internet
connection (use a package proxy like approx or apt-cacher-ng if you plan
to repeatedly do builds, see the -m option of rootstock-touch for this
use case)

Now that the script is done we need to download the android img files
from rsalveti ...

wget http://people.canonical.com/~rsalveti/aosp/flo/system.img
We'll do that for all three img files in that dir.

Next we need to boot the flo in fastboot (bootloader) mode by holding
down "Vol Down" while pressing the power key. Now attach it via USB and
run:

fastboot flash boot ./boot.img
fastboot flash recovery ./recovery.img

After these two commands have finished, select "recovery mode" on the
screen of the flo (using the volume keys for selection and power as
enter key)

Once the device booted into recovery we can run the installer commmand
with the tarball from the out-$(date) dir that was created by
rootstock-touch before:

./rootsotck-touch-installer ./out-20140208/ubuntu-touch.rootfs-armhf.tar.gz ./system.img

The script will print what is does (note it wipes all former
ubuntu-system installs from the device by default, use the -k option if
you had an install like this already and want to keep the data of the
phablet user in place (Music, Videos etc))

Once the device rebooted you should see Ubuntu Touch on the screen.

-----

I hope this will be helpful for porters to operate a little closer to
what the official images provide, the rootstock-touch-install script
works indeed also with ubuntu-touch tarballs downloaded from
cdimage.ubuntu.com, building one should only be done if you want to
include a PPA in the build.

Feedback is indeed appreciated :)

ciao
	oli