Landing team 11.02.14

Hi!

Busy day. But at least some good news again: we have a new promoted
image today!

After seeing both smoketesting and dogfooding results for image #174, we
decided that its quality is good enough for promotion. Enjoy!

#174 includes: updated indicators, some upstart-app-launch tweaks and
fixes, fixes for dialer-app AP test flakyness and others. I hope we can
keep up the pace of one promotion per-day!

Today was a busy busy day for us from the Landing Team. The goal was to
release unity8 and autopilot, but both weren't quite ready during the
start of our day. Image #175 includes the nested Mir functionality that
has been waiting for release for quite some time already, and so far the
smoketesting running for that image show good results.
Currently we also landed unity8 along with unity-mir changes, which were
also blocked by some infrastructure problems in CI Train. The problem
has been resolved so we resume operations as always.

Tomorrow we hope to also release a new platform-api with some crash
fixes. With that, our path will be open for a new Mir landing, as the
ABI has changed and we are required to do a force rebuild of
reverse-dependencies (unity-mir, platform-api etc.).

In the going green front: our previous image was 100% green for mako,
but we still are hunted by the same few failures for maguro as before:
unity8 and calendar-app. There was also an ubuntuuitoolkit failure as
well, but known. Let's keep an eye on those and get them fixed as soon
as possible. It's crucial that we also fix problems encountered on
slower devices so that we're ready when the emulator as a test platform
kicks in.

Tomorrow Didier is back as your Landing team meeting host ;)

Thanks everyone!

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak