Landing team 14.02.14

Hey,

NOTE TO LANDERS: we probably LOST some requests of landing due to google spreasheet reverted without any action 17 hours ago. Please read the end of this email.

So, we got multiple images built since yesterday and one image promoted (181):
181:
- new Mir stack with performance fixes, new pid interface for shell and some screen cast possibility (in alpha)
- new mediascanner scope backend work

-> seems the system settle issues are now good with this new Mir

182:
- new upstart-app-launch adding unregister signal for resume
- minor changes in the icon set

183:
- an ubuntu-keyboard fix
- the rc1 version of lxc
- camera-app and mediaplayer-app more desktop mode support.
(tests are currently running)

We got good dogfooding results on image 181. Results on mako are great, however, maguro regressed a little bit in unity8. Upstream is aware of it (see other messages), but it seems there are more urgent issues to be dealt with for them. Not seeing improvements, we had to take the decision to discare those results. Part of those failures can be that latest Mir seems to be slower on maguro.

We didn't get full maguro results on 182 before end of day and nobody present in the EU timezone knew how to rerun the tests, changing the phone to another target. That's the reason why we concentrated on 181 for promotion. 182 now has all test results now.

We are then going to publish the SDK (ui-toolkit) and build another image with the minimal amount of changes, so that we can get pre/post toolkit results.

Please note that we again have some backend issue with google app scripts and so the spreadsheet for CI Train can get out of sync/has flawed results or revert the content. So the status that you are seeing in CITrain may not reflect the reality. This should sort out by itself (a RT has been opened yesterday), but feel free to ping the landing team for any help.

Due to that, we probably lost some of the requests, please do check the spreadsheet again if you have anything missing that we can't put it back.

Have a nice week-end everyone,
Didier

Follow ups