Landing team 19.02.14

Hey,

So, we did finally published image 192 (on all devices but not on maguro, see below)!

Since yesterday, not a lot entered in the automatically and manually kicked image. Mostly toolchain changed. However, we have the new unity 7 core lib changes from yesterday.

There is one flaky test on notes-app[1]. Olivier continues looking at this one. This flaky test isn't new, so not a blocker.

There have been a lot of new distro changes and sync from debian, we started to build a new image to get those under tests.

However, we do have a camera-app regression on maguro due to a new libunity-core[2] from unity7. The consequence is that we get better performances of unity8 with more redraw but maguro doesn't seem to cope very well with it. As maguro is going to be discontinued in a very short period with the switch to android 4.4, we prefers for the latest available image for it to be as good as possible, and so, that it doesn't suffer from this bug. We kept it back on the trusty channel to image 188 from Monday (you can still get the latest from trusty-proposed). If anyone want to jump on that ship and can find a way to get the situation better on maguro while not regressing the improved performance on other device, they are really welcomed and we can consider promote an image for maguro again.

As well, we are looking for options on how we should handle maguro demotion in the incoming days once we switch to android 4.4, as the image will then be stalled. For instance, should we just put an image somewhere and tell to people "you can use that to play with, but it's not the latest and not supported anymore", should we promote the latest maguro image to the stable channel… Your inputs are really welcomed here.

Cheers,
Didier

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/notes-app/+bug/1271054
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1282051