Re: system-image updates, and LP: #1277589

On Feb 20, 2014, at 01:10 PM, Iain Lane wrote:

>That'll make it hard to verify Barry's fix. Barry, I've made a CI train
>request - line 47 on the spreadsheet. To that I added a revert in
>ubuntu-system-settings which re-enables the functionality. Would you be
>able to add your s-i branch(es) to this landing & then we'll be able to
>get a silo with the fixes and the functionality re-exposed in the
>settings app. To get the updates, people will then just have to
>dist-upgrade to the silo's PPA.

Yes, but right now I'm fighting the buildd's unique behavior to cause the
crashes in the s-i test suite (which pass consistently locally).  Right now I
think it's a problem with the way the test infrastructure's dbus-daemon is
HUP'd to re-read its configuration files.  If I put a sleep(2) after the HUP,
I get better results (but still not perfect).  Anyway, I'm still investigating
the buildd problem via the ppa:barry/systemimage.  When I get a clean build
there, I'll board the train.

-Barry