Re: system-image updates, and LP: #1277589

On Feb 20, 2014, at 04:11 PM, Loïc Minier wrote:

>Should we build some kind of "remote recovery channel" to remotely fix
>any screwups in the system-image updates stack?  There was a workaround
>this time, but it could happen that we lock production users out of all
>updates.

Do you mean, like a share-my-desktop backdoor on all the phones where we can
remotely run system-image-cli for them? :)

Seriously though, we *really* need integration tests for the whole stack:
qtnetworking -> udm -> si-dbus -> system-settings

There are a lot of moving parts here and it's sometimes very difficult to
figure out where the breakage is occurring.

-Barry