Re: phablet-screenshot

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM, Michał Sawicz
<michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 23.02.2014 23:38, Sebastian Gomułka wrote:
>>
>> on Mako it capture only black screen - image#205
>

> I'm afraid phablet-screenshot is not gonna work with android 4.4.2-based
> images.

That's an unfortunate regression. I use screenshots heavily (see
http://popey.com/~alan/phablet/gallery.php) for filing bugs, reviewing
changes and promoting apps. Shaky-cam photos of the phone are
significantly more time consuming to take, lower quality & are less
appealing than raw screenshots from the device.

> There's branches for native screenshotting and -casting in mir that should
> happen somewhat soon, hopefully.

Kevin: Can we get something more definitive than "soon"?

I realise that screenshots are probably lower priority than everything
else on the list, but technically this *is* a regression in my
opinion.

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy