Re: Summarizing up issues on current touch 4.4 based image

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 25.02.2014, 08:19 -0600 schrieb Ted Gould:
> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 12:00 +0100, Didier Roche wrote:
> > As told yesterday in landing team email, we are blocking any landing
> > impacting Touch right now to get all focus and energy on fixing
> > issues without introducing newer one.
>
> Not trying to be an ass about it, but isn't the process to drop the
> offending packages and then move on?  If the Android bits are broken,
> release them at another time.  I'm a bit confused at why all unrelated
> releases are being stopped and this just not reverted as I thought
> that was the process.

we changed the target architectures with this move, reverting would mean
reverting the build infrastructure stopping all work in enabling them in
the QA infrastructure, removing all touch related kernels and various
other pieces from the archive ... along with that we would go out of
sync with the images presented at MWC which is apparently not wanted
either. The change was announced and planned and it was known before in
the landing team that this step could cause issues that we will have to
resolve in the aftermath.

there are simply to many moving parts involved on the infrastructure
side to make it easy to roll back and forward with our core hardware
support.

ciao
	oli