Re: Summarizing up issues on current touch 4.4 based image

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 12:00 +0100, Didier Roche wrote:
>
> As told yesterday in landing team email, we are blocking any landing
> impacting Touch right now to get all focus and energy on fixing issues
> without introducing newer one.
>

> Not trying to be an ass about it, but isn't the process to drop the
> offending packages and then move on?  If the Android bits are broken,
> release them at another time.  I'm a bit confused at why all unrelated
> releases are being stopped and this just not reverted as I thought that was
> the process.

It is very very unfortunate and in general we would want to do what
you say, but from what I heard the demo rush made us come out of the
weekend in a state that had accumulated multiple regressions from
multiple directions and the changes done over the weekend are not only
on software, but also infrastructure and hence a very very hard to
reset/backout (only to then find that there are other regressions as
well).

One big thing that I already see as a failure was what we didn't
mobilize the full landing team, CI engineering and QA support for the
rush weekend, which caused landers to operate the landings in a bit of
blind mode with not enough support to adhere to our proven best
practices.

Anyway, what we surely will do is doing a post-mortem once we have all
the data later this week. Also, if we can't get this under control
soonish we will have to consider bandaid actions to ensure that we can
resume landings asap again.

Until then, please help if you feel there are things that you can do
to debug/fix.