Re: Landing team 25.02.14

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 06:36:44PM +0100, Didier Roche wrote:
>> 3. QMLScene crash (Timo + SDK team)
>> -> Timo told that this is in the V8 code and the experts don't have
>> time and want to get Qt 5.2 asap rather.
>
> I agree that debugging a problem with Qt 5.0-specific code is not a good use
> of people's time.  What is still blocking Qt 5.2 from landing in trusty, and
> who is working on unblocking this?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.2 includes quite a large
> list of 'critical' and 'high' bugs, most of which are marked 'fix committed'
> - what do we need to do to get these 'fix released'?

My list of things that should happen before I feel comfortable that we
are ready is basically:

 1. all packages on touch being ported to qt5.2 and staged in a ppa
with all/most critical user experience regressions eliminated (e.g. QA
team report please)

 2. report by QA of the regressions this landing will cause on our app
(click) ecosystem; this could be done by doing a reasonable amount of
random samples mixed with the most popular apps. Call for tesitng to
app community to test their apps would be helpful to supplement the
data our QA team gathers here...

 3. good picture of how the AP landscape would look like after we land
this; this one at best would give confidence that we are very close to
regression free on this front; this would be done by taking qt5.2 all
the ported apps, upgrading the touch image to it and running all APs
from ci.ubuntu.com against it.