Re: Silo reconfiguration

Le 26/02/2014 01:05, Dimitri John Ledkov a écrit :
Some of the testing of phablet-tools silo landing-003 showed that for
best test and validation coverage of both python2 and python3 test
case execution, we ideally want to reconfigure that silo to also
include:

https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/unity8/py32ap/+merge/207760
(scheduled in line 33, not in a silo)

https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/py32ap
(not scheduled yet)

in the phablet-tools landing, under Sergio as a lander.

Both of the above merge proposal introduce no code-changes to the
code-in-use, and only (slightly) modify the autopilot tests themself.
By definition, phablet-tools branch is not dependent on the above two.
But without them, we don't have a reasonable python3-ready tests
landing together with python3 support in phablet-test-run, which can
be executed in either image Read-Write mode, or image Read-Only modes.

May we please steal above two approved branches into phablet-tools landing?

Hey Dimitri,

Sure, you can ask the landers to pack/unpack multiple landings in one or different silos, just sync with them on IRC. However, if a landing is targeting unity8 like line 33, due to current image state (look at other emails on that mailing list to get the full rationale), this isn't going to land before we are back on our feet. phablet-tools change only (if backward compatible), can land as it's not seeded on the touch image.

Cheers,
Didier

Note: you can directly ask on #ubuntu-ci-eng on freenode, the landing team US guys would be able to answer you directly.