Re: Landing team 25.02.14

On 02/25/2014 12:36 PM, Didier Roche wrote:
Hey,

Not a lot to add compared to this morning status email, we still hold
the line on touch landings which are not targeting fixing the current
image issues.

we got image #207 containing:
* the music-app fix for the regression mentioned yesterday, overwriting
thus our revert
* some langpacks refresh
* some python and other platform changes inherited from the rest of the
archive like gcc and libc6

You will notice on http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/ that the
idling counting is now fixed thanks to Paul, getting us an easier way to
reflect reality.

On the current regressions, here are some refresh:

<snip>

9. An ophono-sim installed (during tests) which is making
network-manager quite verbose (Andy D.)
Andy has a task to look at this one.

The ofono plugin is actual 'phonesim', and AFAIK is used primarily for Dialer/Messaging app AP testing.

I discussed this via IRC with rsalveti, and the options I gave him were:

1. If possible, turn off the mobile-data setting for the dialer/messaging AP tests, this should prevent NM from trying to do anything with ofono's GPRS API.

2. Modify phonesim config logic to honor a new 'gprs=on/off' switch, and then ship a default conf file with the archive version of ofono ( or deploy the conf file somewhere in the test images, where it'd be automatically read by ofono ).

3. Disable GPRs in phonesim

[ Andy, please feel free to ping me directly if you need any help. ]

Regards,
/tony