Re: Landing team 25.02.14

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Alexander Sack <asac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Steve Langasek
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.2 includes quite a large
>> list of 'critical' and 'high' bugs, most of which are marked 'fix committed'
>> - what do we need to do to get these 'fix released'?

Fix Committed means they are not in archive yet, but in bzr trunks and
trunks in turn are automatically built in the PPA.

There may be some marked already "Fix Committed" that actually only
have a merge proposal that has been tested to be working.

> My list of things that should happen before I feel comfortable that we
> are ready is basically:
>  2. report by QA of the regressions this landing will cause on our app
> (click) ecosystem; this could be done by doing a reasonable amount of
> random samples mixed with the most popular apps. Call for tesitng to
> app community to test their apps would be helpful to supplement the
> data our QA team gathers here...

Initial click app testing happening at
https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjuCdq68GSyVdGI4dGllUUxyZGxhc0tZWFhqNnJaaFE#gid=0
by popey (the lower part of the document).

>  3. good picture of how the AP landscape would look like after we land
> this; this one at best would give confidence that we are very close to
> regression free on this front; this would be done by taking qt5.2 all
> the ported apps, upgrading the touch image to it and running all APs
> from ci.ubuntu.com against it.

There's no public Dashboard yet, but there's an internal jenkins link
at the moment available at
http://q-jenkins:8080/job/autopilot-release-gatekeeper/ which shows
the failing tests. A rerun should hopefully make it better now that
multimedia works.

-Timo