Re: Landing team 25.02.14

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Timo Jyrinki
<timo.jyrinki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Alexander Sack <asac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Steve Langasek
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.2 includes quite a large
>>> list of 'critical' and 'high' bugs, most of which are marked 'fix committed'
>>> - what do we need to do to get these 'fix released'?
>
> Fix Committed means they are not in archive yet, but in bzr trunks and
> trunks in turn are automatically built in the PPA.
>
> There may be some marked already "Fix Committed" that actually only
> have a merge proposal that has been tested to be working.
>
>> My list of things that should happen before I feel comfortable that we
>> are ready is basically:
>>  2. report by QA of the regressions this landing will cause on our app
>> (click) ecosystem; this could be done by doing a reasonable amount of
>> random samples mixed with the most popular apps. Call for tesitng to
>> app community to test their apps would be helpful to supplement the
>> data our QA team gathers here...
>
> Initial click app testing happening at
> https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjuCdq68GSyVdGI4dGllUUxyZGxhc0tZWFhqNnJaaFE#gid=0
> by popey (the lower part of the document).

Thanks. This is exactly what I have been looking for. The failures
there should be top priority and the fix should happen without
touching the apps (e.g. by pure qt changes).

>>  3. good picture of how the AP landscape would look like after we land
>> this; this one at best would give confidence that we are very close to
>> regression free on this front; this would be done by taking qt5.2 all
>> the ported apps, upgrading the touch image to it and running all APs
>> from ci.ubuntu.com against it.
>
> There's no public Dashboard yet, but there's an internal jenkins link
> at the moment available at
> http://q-jenkins:8080/job/autopilot-release-gatekeeper/ which shows
> the failing tests. A rerun should hopefully make it better now that
> multimedia works.

Yeah, let's keep a close eye on this. The apps above is what concerns
me the most though.