Re: Ubuntu Download Manager broken since #213

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Manuel de la Pena <
manuel.delapena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Image #213 (and subsequent image #214) have a broken
>> ubuntu-download-manager). This will prevent (amongst other things)
>> being able to install packages from the store. Bug filed:-
>>

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-download-manager/+bug/1286553
>>
>> If you have already upgraded, you can roll back using:-
>>
>> ubuntu-device-flash --channel=trusty-proposed --revision=212
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> Reading the logs is not that udm is not downloading the file correctly and
> they are in disk, the issues is related to the fact that the click command
> is not finding the file (probably the temp file was not renamed on time),
> I'm surprise this landed taking into account that I clearly specified that
> the click scop MOST always be tested when landing udm as per
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlan/ubuntu-download-manager
>
> Anyway, I'm fixing it before monday.

To be clear, I'm not blaming anyone.. but please when we land thins things
in the CI train people should follow the testing plan, specially when I,
for example, do not have a device and testing all udm paths on the emulator
atm is not feasible :-(

PS: Who ever has a nexus 4 not used, please take my money, I'll be more
that happy to pay for one and do also QA before the silo lands.