Re: Ubuntu Download Manager broken since #213

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Manuel de la Pena
<manuel.delapena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Manuel de la Pena
> <manuel.delapena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Image #213 (and subsequent image #214) have a broken
>>> ubuntu-download-manager). This will prevent (amongst other things)
>>> being able to install packages from the store. Bug filed:-
>>>

>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-download-manager/+bug/1286553
>>>
>>> If you have already upgraded, you can roll back using:-
>>>
>>> ubuntu-device-flash --channel=trusty-proposed --revision=212
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>

>> Reading the logs is not that udm is not downloading the file correctly and
>> they are in disk, the issues is related to the fact that the click command
>> is not finding the file (probably the temp file was not renamed on time),
>> I'm surprise this landed taking into account that I clearly specified that
>> the click scop MOST always be tested when landing udm as per
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlan/ubuntu-download-manager
>>
>> Anyway, I'm fixing it before monday.
>>

> To be clear, I'm not blaming anyone.. but please when we land thins things
> in the CI train people should follow the testing plan, specially when I, for

The CI Train process is new, so mistakes are made and we expected such
things to happen. Good news is that the testplan we have for these
components would have caught this issue during the landing process, so
it's just getting the process fully established.

> example, do not have a device and testing all udm paths on the emulator atm
> is not feasible :-(

> PS: Who ever has a nexus 4 not used, please take my money, I'll be more that
> happy to pay for one and do also QA before the silo lands.

One should be en-route to you very soon and thanks for the quick fix!