Re: Landing team 03.02.14

On 03/03/14 17:22, Didier Roche wrote:
> [...]
>
> Let's first sum up what happened on recent images over the week-end:
>
> #213:
> Full list of changes in Friday's email. However, just want to mention
> (if you didn't read other exchanges on this mailing list), that this
> version introduced a download manager issue on click apps.
>
> #214:
> * got some telephony bug fixes (progress animation spinning forever on
> SMS to unknown recipient, big delay when pressing speaker phone icon on
> N4, dialer switches to Call Log view when selecting from background and
> keypad screen shown first when answering a call), in addition to build
> fixes for Qt 5.2 and additional autopilot tests.
> * an ubuntu-keyboard fix to allow to be swiped down in Qt 5.2
> * some new android-side fixes
> * some other build fixes to prepare Qt 5.2 like qtorganizer
> * new changes coming from the desktop sid, like the unity8 desktop
> session with GL support, new Unity7…
>
> #215:
> * new ofono version with multipl bug fixes and script ported to python3
> -> This version created multiple crashes when ofono-phonesim is
> installed (see also other discussion on this very mailing list)
>
> #216:
> * this one contains the bug fix for the download-manager with click app
> issue. Dogfooding confirmed it's now fixed.
>
> #217:
> * this version contains a new toolkit for multiple bug fixes.
>
> #218:
> * this one contains an ofono revert while work is ongoing on getting the
> crashers fixed.
> * ubuntu-system-settings containing a first skeleton (not displayed yet)
> and a Welcome to Ubuntu wizard and some workaround for a Qt bug that
> could lead to non working scrolling.
> * more build fixes for telephony and history-service for Qt 5.2
>

> #218 tests are still running. #217 contains the same kind of issues (and
> the ofono crash) that we already had. The list of blockers to be able to
> promote an image are:
>
> 1. Camera freezes after taking photo on Nexus 4 (which is making the
> camera AP tests failing) (Ricardo/Sergio)
> Ricardo has some leads on the cause of this one. He's focusing at 100%
> on it.
>
> 2. Clock apps flaky tests (Nicholas + Leo)
> Really nice progress on the testing side of that one. A new bug is
> exposed though with the tests[1]. The devs are working on it (but it's
> not a regression). Nicholas is planning to release a new version today.
>
> 3. Weather-app seems to have new flakyness in the test (Leo)
> Leo is going to analyze if it's due to the tests themselves, a flaky
> behavior in the application or due to the Qt 5.0 crash.
>
> 4. Ensuring that we can promote the image with the Qt 5.0 crasher. (Dave)
> Once those 3 are solved, the QA team is going to tell us if the Qt 5.0
> does impact or not the user experience and see if we can promote the
> image before switching to Qt 5.2 (which fixes it).
Finally able to get the unity8 crash again.  After opening and closing
apps most of the apps on the phone all day on r217 I opened online
accounts and added a facebook account and the system baulked.  If you
click on the back button on Accounts page it leaves a black window
behind if you then switch between open apps (ie drag from the right
edge) once you get back to the now black window it flashes and crashes.

So not sure if it was the friends app trying to grab everything, unity
OSD trying to display the posts from facebook from the friends app or
the accounts window being the cause or a lack of memory due to the
friends app pulling in the posts the gfx playing up and then switching apps.

This work was all done on a mako on r217

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com