Landing team 04.03.14

Another day, another image.

Still landing degraded mode, some reverts, more landings and spreadsheet issues. Busy day again!

Note that the google spreadsheet created issues over the day again. Seems to have settled down now. The backend results have been manually reconciliated with the frontend part and I took regular backup to try to not miss any request. Please check if your request disappeared during the day.

#219:
* android/hybris fixes for the camera issue itself. This big one is fixed now \o/ -> However, it seems there is maybe still another camera issue. Selene, Alan and Dave are working on providing more infos. * ofono fix for the crashers yesterday. There is still one pending, but this one was appearing before (however, it seems apport wasn't reporting it), hence the fact we didn't see it earlier. We decided it's fine to ignore it for now until Martin is back (doesn't impact tests and only happen with the ofono phonesim mock installed). * some packaging work which will enable us to not depends on the whole set of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad packages * new autopilot to export non visual components from qml projects + bug fixes

The tests results was similar than previous image (with the same Qt 5.0 crashes making some tests randomly fail).

However, some unity8 tests reliably failed and Michal reported it[1]. We reverted autopilot-qt and autopilot (part of the transaction). We avoided reverting xpathselect which was part of the transaction as well but only contained packaging changes. Corey, can you ensure that unity8 AP tests are part of the autopilot test plan? I think you will need to have a wiki page like most projects with the autopilot test plan now and including a big suit of tests to run (or add them to the autopilot tests themselves). Feel free to ask for another landing or reuse the same silo to reland your changes once you have the fix and the tests.
This revert will be part of image #220.

To come back to the image, with the camera issues fixed, we have as blockers for promotion:

1. Clock apps flaky tests (Nicholas + Leo)
Didn't see any clock apps published yet, pending on update on that one, knowing that a new bug is exposed though with the tests[2].

2. Weather-app seems have reproducible failures (Nicholas + Leo)
This impacts both user experience and tests (application stuck at start). No way to know when it started with the switch, so not easy to revert with all the churn (as the erratic behavior started at the same time than 4.4 switch). Lea reported [3]. Seems it can be due to server side issue, but the application should degrade more gracefully (and the tests not depending on it then). Upstream is looking to it with Nicholas.

3. Ensuring that we can promote the image with the Qt 5.0 crasher. (Dave + Selene) Dave seems to have reproduced the Qt 5.0 crash and that impacts the user experience. Dave, care to expand here if it's a clear +1 or -1 from the QA team... meaning, if the 2 bugs above are fixed, can we safely promote an image before the 5.2 switch?

Cheers,
Didier

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot-qt/+bug/1287727
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1285958