Re: Landing team 04.03.14

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another day, another image.
>
> Still landing degraded mode, some reverts, more landings and spreadsheet
> issues. Busy day again!
>
> Note that the google spreadsheet created issues over the day again. Seems to
> have settled down now. The backend results have been manually reconciliated
> with the frontend part and I took regular backup to try to not miss any
> request. Please check if your request disappeared during the day.
>

> #219:
> * android/hybris fixes for the camera issue itself. This big one is fixed
> now \o/
> -> However, it seems there is maybe still another camera issue. Selene, Alan
> and Dave are working on providing more infos.

During our hangout my #219 mako freaked out after taking a couple of
pictures. Seems it's a known bug, likely this one:-

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/camera-app/+bug/1284290

I triggered it mostly when taking photos while the phone was during rotation.

Yes, I realise this is very much a case of the classic:-

Patient: Doctor! Doctor! My arm hurts when I do *this*!
Doctor: Don't do it then.

Perhaps (as suggested in comment #3 on bug 1284290) the camera was
re-focussing which caused the freakout.

Other than that I had a few issues which while filed against #219,
were actually long standing issues, not regressions I discovered while
walking around London with my #194 mako. I'm sure people were greatly
amused at the sight of me shouting "REFRESH! DAMMIT!" at a Nexus 4 in
Bond Street today.

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy