Re: Landing team 04.03.14

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Another day, another image.
>>
>> Still landing degraded mode, some reverts, more landings and spreadsheet
>> issues. Busy day again!
>>
>> Note that the google spreadsheet created issues over the day again. Seems to
>> have settled down now. The backend results have been manually reconciliated
>> with the frontend part and I took regular backup to try to not miss any
>> request. Please check if your request disappeared during the day.
>>

>> #219:
>> * android/hybris fixes for the camera issue itself. This big one is fixed
>> now \o/
>> -> However, it seems there is maybe still another camera issue. Selene, Alan
>> and Dave are working on providing more infos.
>
> During our hangout my #219 mako freaked out after taking a couple of
> pictures. Seems it's a known bug, likely this one:-
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/camera-app/+bug/1284290
>
> I triggered it mostly when taking photos while the phone was during rotation.
>
> Yes, I realise this is very much a case of the classic:-
>
> Patient: Doctor! Doctor! My arm hurts when I do *this*!
> Doctor: Don't do it then.
>
> Perhaps (as suggested in comment #3 on bug 1284290) the camera was
> re-focussing which caused the freakout.

Comment #3 was about the locking issue that I fixed, so this is
actually a different bug. There are irq related errors in syslog, so
that might be the issue you had.

Are you able to reproduce and grab logcat as well? I'll try to
reproduce it with my mako, but I took more than 100 pictures yesterday
and didn't have any crash.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo