Re: Upcoming renaming of all system-image channels

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 06:21:52PM +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:

> > Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this.
> >
> > nitpick:
>
> So is the 'Touch' in Ubuntu Touch still being used in some contexts? I get
> conflicting messages as to whether we drop it everywhere, in promotional
> material only or nowhere at all :)
>
> Jani

Well, I'm not into marketing so I wouldn't know :)

From a technical point of view, ubuntu-touch is a cdimage and
system-image flavour and so needs to be treated as such, once we
actually are fully converged and our desktop and phone builds are
actually identical, then we can deprecate the ubuntu-touch entry on
system-image and just use the ubuntu one everywhere.

The /<flavour>/<channel> scheme still makes sense even if we get to a
point where ubuntu and ubuntu-touch are the same thing as there may one
way be interest for our standard flavours (edubuntu, kubuntu, xubuntu,
...) to also use system-image somehow.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer