Landing 06.03.14

Another day, another landing email. Two images since yesterday and still two image promotion blockers (once the next image will be built).

#222:
- new click in preparation for libclick
- the online account revert discussed in yesterday's email
- indicator sound fixes for the desktop (let's user hiding it)
- platform updates like glib…

#223:
- messaging app fixes for Qt 5.2
- unity7 shared components
- wpasupplicant reached 2.0

-> test results were similars than the previous results. We had to rerun one flaky test for messaging-app. The rest are known crashers due to Qt 5.0.

Remaining issues for promoting an image:
On remaining things to fix, so, we still have:
1. Clock apps flaky tests and bugs (Nicholas + SDK team)
The SDK team is on that one

2. Weather app seems have reproducible failures (Nicholas + upstream)
Continuous investigation on this with upstream.

----
Note that terminal-app AP test fix has just been published, so next image should get one less failure! We'll get also a lot of updates in the incoming images. However, due to click apps conversion and incoming Mir, we are getting a nice transition to decouple risk, especially as they both touch the ubuntu-touch metapackage. Here is the plan I proposed earlier:

Click apps conversion landing:
1. Get the CI Train silo ready with the click changes + ubuntu-touch metapackage
2. Having the click app packages built as well
3. Test everything locally (Sergio)
4. Counter-sign the testing (Robert)
5. Get both published in archive and in the click store (Sergio + Core dev with Robert) 6. Change the CI for the 2 new click apps to execute tests as click apps (Paul) 7. Kick an new image build (Ricardo/any member of the touch release present at this time)
8. Check the first test results.

Then, we can go on publishing Mir:
1. Get Mir built and tested in a silo (can happen in parallel of the first phase) (Kevin)
2. Counter-sign the testing (Robert)
3. Get those packages published in the archive (Core dev with Robert)
4. Change the seeds to add libmirplatformgraphics-android libmirclientplatform-android + regenerate the ubuntu-touch metapackage and republish in the archive[1] (Ricardo) 5. And then, then only kick another image! (Ricardo/any member of the touch release present at this time)
6. Check the first test results and enjoy. :p

We can't get any image built during those 2 transactions, so maybe we'll have to get the cronned image disabled to prevent any accident.
Let's keep fingers crossed :)

Tomorrow, even maybe more excitement with a Qt 5.2 around the corner!

Cheers,
Didier

[1] unfortunately, for technical reasons, we can't prepare that yet in the silo directly (in case new packages are added which were not present in the archive before).

Follow ups