Re: Sharing dynamic informations between the user session and the greeter

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> But they behave very differently: music should keep playing at the
> lock screen but not the greeter, the camera and mic should keep
> recording at the lock screen but not the greeter, Touch apps may allow
> limited access at the lock screen but not the greeter, your preferred
> keyboard layout should persist at the lock screen but not the greeter,
> screen magnification should persist at the lock screen but not the
> greeter, and so on.

Well, keyboard layouts should work correctly per-user on the greeter too.

And why not allow Touch apps on the greeter?  Imagine the first boot (with
an encrypted home, so we can't auto-login).  Why should that behave much
differently in terms of whether the user can take photos or not?

-mt