Re: How to build Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Mathias Bauer <mathias_bauer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build a Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4 by myself as an exercise to start
> into the world of Ubuntu Touch porting.
>
> I tried to follow the instructions found here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Building
>
> So I got the code by calling
>
> phablet-dev-bootstrap [target_directory]

Can you add '--sources aosp' to that?

> After that step the instructions let me think that there should be a file
>
> [target_directory]/device/lge/mako/extract_files.sh
>
> But there isn't even a "mako" under device/lge directory.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood the instructions, so I would be glad to get an
> expanation.

No misunderstanding; it just hasn't been updated; That part of the
instructions is outdated (follos CyanogenMod's way of doing things).

You basically need to follow
http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html#obtaining-proprietary-binaries

Thanks for the hint; I'll update the wiki.