Re: [PROPOSAL] No (click) apps on images by default

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not wanting a terminal by default is what started this conversation :-)
>
> We could only install by default what we think that should be
> mandatory, and provide the rest as part of a default custom tarball.
> That way we can provide a default custom ubuntu tarball, that would
> then have the terminal-app installed by default.

I don't disagree with these goals. In fact, I agree with them. :)

But these questions properly belong with the product owners, so
perhaps they should be looped in before spending lots of effort on the
engineering side.

My question on implementation still stands:

>>> Can you expand on this? Does this mean we would deliver the default
>>> click apps using the custom tarball mechanism?
>>>
>>> If so, do we need to test the possibility of having multiple
>>> simultaneous custom tarballs?
>>>
>>> If not, how will this be delivered?

Thanks.