Re: Landing team 12.03.14

Hi,

On 12.03.2014 18:00, Didier Roche wrote:
> Hey,
>
> 3 images kicked in, another regression was found but quickly fixed and
> an image being a promotion candidate under testing now, that's the menu
> for today ;)
>
> #232:
> - this one got the fix for click package that was discussed yesterday
> (being unable to start click apps if you have updated manually to the
> store to the same version)
> - we got the unity-mir fix to prevent unity8 crashing on stop
> - the autopilot regression got fixed as well
> - system-settings: preparation for new icon theme (not activated yet) +
> some misc bug fixes
> - new upstart release
>
> -> All those fixes are confirmed to work. Well done everyone fixing
> those! However there was a click regression (see below)
>
> #233:
> - some indicators changes for new unity desktop lock screen.
>
> -> Tests results are similar than previous images. However, Ricardo
> mentioned and started to dig through a click issue that we were unable
> to reproduce. However, the detail bug report[1] + the fact that click
> has a lot of failures on errors.ubuntu.com showed at the time that we
> shouldn't promote this or the previous image. Colin fixed the issue and
> understood on which circumstances the bug and crash was happening. We
> then kicked another image.
>
> #234:
> - the click fix
> - other inherited by the desktop unity7 landing changes
>
> -> AP tests are running as we speak, and dogfooding is proceeding. We
> hope that one to be a promotion candidate. We'll mostly get the
> promotion done tomorrow morning (EU time). But feedback here is
> appreciated :)
>
> Finally, some investigation is going on an unity8 AP failure which
> constantly fails on CI (and as well on the Qt 5.2 tests) but never
> locally. Lukasz and Michal are looking at it[2].

Following up on the unity8 AP test failure. I tried adding some
additional debugging information to the test case as well as try
fetching as much as possible from the smoketesting devices - but sadly
it didn't give us any additional clues. The most bothering thing is that
neither me nor Michał can reproduce the issues locally right now, while
on smoketesting it happens all the time.

We might need to have some view on what's seen on the screen during the
test-run in the lab... Right now it seems that url-dispatcher works
correctly, starts the test-app correctly but autopilot cannot detect it
as running. Debugging continues.

I also tried poking around the system-image-dbus crasher we're
encountering all the time. Barry is taking a look at it as well, but it
seems to be a really really strange error in overall. Even when making
/var/log/system-image and /var/log/system-image/client.log readable and
writable to everyone, we still get the same PermissionError and a crash.
It happens all the time during the run of
ubuntu_system_settings.tests.test_plugins.SystemSettingsUpowerTestCases.test_battery_plugin_battery_hotplugging
AP test.

After the test is running, top shows system-image-dbus running as root,
so it makes even less sense.

Will keep you updated on those.

Best regards,

--