Re: [HTML5] Local storage options for HTML5 apps

Thanks for the info. I'll use Web Storage for now, and look into U1DB when it comes out.

Robert

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Alexandre Abreu <alexandre.abreu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Robert Schroll <rschroll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what options I have for storing data in an HTML app. Based on testing in 13.10, it appears that Web Storage and Web SQL are supported, while IndexedDB are FileSystem are not. Is this correct?

correct, at the moment,

Is this situation expected to persist, or will Web SQL be phased out and IndexedDB and/or FileSystem phased in?

Yes, no ETA yet, but we expect this to happen in the short/midterm,

Will U1DB bindings appear?

yes, definitely yes, it is part of the bindings that we plan to support soon,