Landing team 17.03.14

Hey,

So, work continues now that we have the first Qt 5.2-based images. We are trying to land safe requests or double check more risky ones to not regress current images while trying to get to a green state.

#238 (Friday):
- this image is the one from Friday containing Qt 5.2 transition

#239 (Monday):
- nothing really noticeable on that image, mostly work during the week-end to get the archive in a better state on the archs where Qt 5.0 wasn't building on + the removal that had to happen on Friday.

#240 (Monday):
- contains the new gallery-app in click store (now that the story is fixed)
- defined the definitive frameworks naming for 14.04
- new unity8 for some 5.2 qmltest fixes, the reliable AP test failure fix, some UI fixes for new scopes (not enabled yet) and disabling HUD bottom edge.

-> we expect that screen locking fails (and so all tests) on #240 + possibly some other tests will fail anyway. A revert of the unity8 HUD bottom edge removal is under way and a new image will be kicked ASAP with that.

We get test results on images #238 and #239. Ddogfooding + AP tests results revealed those issues:

* messaging app flaky test (Bill):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1293610

* 4 reliable test failures on music-app (Alan/Bill):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1293488

* reliable test failure on calendar-app (Alan/Bill):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app/+bug/1293489

* random screen hanging up after a while (Kevin):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-mir/+bug/1290416

* Volume buttons no longer function correctly since #238 mako/flo/manta (Ricardo)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/android/+bug/1293478

* Squares in text where carriage returns should be (Zoltan)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1285184

* The previous unity8 reliable AP test failure
-> should be fixed in #240

* Gallery app not starting
-> as the old version was still there and the rebuild was blocked on the store. This one is fixed in #240.

Also, a lot of packages are getting blocked into proposed following the transition shorcuts we had to make on Friday. Work is proceeding to get every rebuilt done, including fetching some build patches to have test passing, and so on. Thanks again to everyone giving a look and helping with that.

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups