Re: How to build Ubuntu Touch for Nexus 4

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 19.03.2014, 10:27 -0400 schrieb David Peter:

> Now there is new things that I need to figure out.
> You could remark reading the manifest that this building process use
> pre-built package. So where are the sources and how to build them if
> you want to change code, or fix things? What is the complete process
> for modifying code, building a complete system, flash it, and that's
> it it works. I don't know yet. I should find some spare to time to
> investigate, figure out properly the whole process and then write a
> documentation about it.

assuming you write about the non android parts here (teh android HAL
actually makes up the smallest part of an Ubuntu Phone install), the
rootfs is assembled from binary packages from the Ubuntu archive.

for people wanting to inspect the build process of this I created the
rootstock-ng project:

bzr branch lp:project-rootstock-ng ...

there is the rootstock-touch script that will build a rootfs tarball for
you identical to how the tarballs we consume from [1] for the system
images are assembled.

additionally there is the rootstock-touch-install script that resembles
the process that is used to assemble the actual images used on
system-image.ubuntu.com

ciao
	oli

[1] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/current/