Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ** Blocking issues for image promotion **
> * flaky test failure on calendar-app (Alan/Jean-Baptiste):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app/+bug/1293489
> -> Chris pushed a fix for it. We are waiting for a review and release.

This one is unfortunately blocked by this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app/+bug/1294181

I had a look at it but I just have no idea how to resolve it (I'm not
at all familiar with calendar app's code or AP tests).

> * Volume buttons no longer function correctly since #238 mako/flo/manta
> (Kevin):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/android/+bug/1293478
> Unity8 has a workaround for it (the issue was due to Qt 5.2 treating
> negative numbers as long instead of int now). Unity8 will soon land with
> this.

I just published this, and rsalveti kicked image 247 with it just now.
It also contains a qt5.2 crasher fix for webbrowser-app, although bill
says that crasher was quite rare / not really on anybody's radar.

So now I'm in a difficult situation, we have many landings that are
ready to go, but are blocked because calendar app is blocked, and I
don't know how to get calendar app unblocked. After 247 is built I
will try to land some small things, but I'll be extra careful not to
introduce any regressions.

It seems then that the above calendar bug should just be everybody's
top priority, because it's the one and only thing stopping us from
getting a promotable image.