Re: Audio problems

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:19 PM,  <zhangchao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have puted Ubuntu Touch port to a Android device,but I have a problem when
> porting audio。
> The Android device does not fully comply with ALSA ,and It use many private
> interface.
> So I want to use audioflinger ,but I don't know how to do it :( Please help
> me.
> Or there are other good methods and suggestions?  Any help will be wellcome
> :)

Enabling ALSA would be the desired way, but I know that might not be
necessarily feasible.

One possible way would be to use the pulseaudio droid elements that
Mer uses (https://github.com/mer-hybris/multimedia-pulseaudio-modules-droid),
as that is compatible with android hal (card, sink and source), but
not something I tried yet.

Will try to get some time next week to investigate this possibility a
bit more, but let me know if you have any issues when trying that out.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo