Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

On 20/03/14 06:51, Didier Roche wrote:
> Le 19/03/2014 23:54, Victor Thompson a écrit :
>> Could we hold off on promoting the image until this bug is resolved as
>> well: https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1292306
>> I believe it should be a blocker since it affects the lifecycle of the
>> music-app.
>>
>> Victor
>
> I'll let QA decides if this is a blocker or not.
>
> However, from what I foresee, I wouldn't advise to block on that as:
> - there was no automated test for it (and thanks for your branch with
> the test, that will be guarded now! ;))
> - it wasn't part of the daily dogfooding until now, so we couldn't
> ensure this was working for every images (maybe it should as well?)
> - the impact is smaller than the risk of waiting any longer for a
> promotion and holding off other transitions that are piling up.
>
> We'll have to wait a little bit anyway for the other blockers to be
> settled down, so there is still time for the whole community to work on
> that bug if any solution is found before QA vetoed or +1 this piece of
> advise.
>
> Cheers,
> Didier

I consider this a minor issue and not a blocker. It is annoying but the
community team behind the app are pretty responsive. There is a bug in
place for it and Alan informs us that the team are aware of the bug so
it should be dealt with shortly.

Also because it is a click app the change can land at any time once
there is a fix in place and it isn't bound by the image rules of some of
the application.

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)