Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

On 03/20/2014 06:38 AM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement wrote:
> Le 20/03/2014 12:11, Dave Morley a écrit :

>>> I'll let QA decides if this is a blocker or not.
>>>
>>> However, from what I foresee, I wouldn't advise to block on that as:
>>> - there was no automated test for it (and thanks for your branch with
>>> the test, that will be guarded now! ;))
>>> - it wasn't part of the daily dogfooding until now, so we couldn't
>>> ensure this was working for every images (maybe it should as well?)
>>> - the impact is smaller than the risk of waiting any longer for a
>>> promotion and holding off other transitions that are piling up.
>>>
>>> We'll have to wait a little bit anyway for the other blockers to be
>>> settled down, so there is still time for the whole community to work on
>>> that bug if any solution is found before QA vetoed or +1 this piece of
>>> advise.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Didier
>>>

>> I consider this a minor issue and not a blocker. It is annoying but the
>> community team behind the app are pretty responsive. There is a bug in
>> place for it and Alan informs us that the team are aware of the bug so
>> it should be dealt with shortly.
>>
>> Also because it is a click app the change can land at any time once
>> there is a fix in place and it isn't bound by the image rules of some of
>> the application.
>>

> +1, Not a blocker for QA. For the reasons stated above and essentially because,
> from an image perspective, the impact of this issue, while annoying for the
> users of the music-app, is limited and it would block other transitions.

I'm not saying this should be a blocker, but it would be nice if someone said
they were looking at the issue while it is declared as a non-blocker. I've not
looked at it, but my limited understanding of the description and the fact that
one of the music-app developers believes this is not a bug in the music-app
suggests this is an issue in the platform itself. Not to mention, it is
installed be default on the images.

Speaking as a dogfooder who uses the phone (and the music-app) every day, it
seems like this has the potential to turn into another terminal-app situation
where it was broken but declared a non-blocker, only to have months go by
without a fix. Letting this through without someone actively looking at it would
be disappointing.

2 cents