Re: .click release procedures blocking in-archive development, for 4 weeks and counting. (python2 removal)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 March 2014 14:55, Martin Albisetti <argentina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I request to release calendar-app click 205 into the store and the
>>> images. I am told that latest trunk of ubuntu-calendar-app (at
>>> revision 212) is still not in a releasable state, has new features,
>>> yet doesn't resolve existing crasher bugs. With .deb / ci-train
>>> things, we can upload no-change rebuilds direct into the archive
>>> without affecting anything, or in ci-train case, the trunks always
>>> match the image hence there is no problem with "broken trunks".
>>> Unfortunately our pre-installed click apps are uploaded into the
>>> store, under a celebrity account which only limited amount of people
>>> have access to (is it 2-3 people? that's not enough to cover
>>> bus/weekend/timezones/holiday/busy factors)
>>
>> We have plans to fix this by allowing people to share the same
>> namespace. It hasn't been high on our list since it's easy enough to
>> share the credentials for that celebrity account, for now.
>> Maybe you could make sure more people have access to that account?
>>

> Credentials are already shared between two people, and those could be
> shared with a few more.
> There is a significant backlog of merge proposals and unreleased
> revisions of core-apps.
> I've spoken with the two current landers to be trained/introduced into
> preparing updates of core-app clicks.
> And hopefully I can help out clearing that out.
> The calendar app is being forced into behaving and into a releasable
> state, so it hopefully will be on the promoted images soon.

I have no issue with sharing but traceability is really lost if it's
too many people with the same account.

Auto landing of clicks is not done as there is no testing along the
pipeline for clicks; merge requests, test the debs, most devs test
trunk (which doesn't include launching in a confined environment) or
use qt creator which when ran also doesn't run under confinement.

The last bastion, which would solve almost any issue with this is to
add a testing instance after the clicks build, ci told us end of March
for it to be done; so waiting for that moment.

For auto uploads we also need the data to be parsed from the click on
upload instead of filling forms (version, arch, framework, changelog).

Ideally all this would be part of the train, air plane or space
shuttle, enterprise|millennium falcon as well.

Cheers