Re: Landing team 20.03.14

> ** Blocking issues for image promotion **
>
> * Upon upgrading to Qt5.2 the music app no longer plays the next song if
> the screen is off (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app/+bug/1292306
> -> Investigation is under way, can be Mir not rendering, and thus blocking
> Qt event loop

So wait...the screen is off, and Mir isn't rendering...and that's a problem
??
hope that's not what you're saying.
wouldn't be popular for battery operated devices.
In fact there's been some debug to show that there has been a change
identified in Qt which caused this. Crept in between images 237 and 238
which is the Qt5.2 arrival (
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg06947.html). Surely Qt
depending on rendering for all events of every kind is a mistake.
hopefully we'll reach a solution tomorrow.

> * unity8 crash when search in home and music scope (Kevin)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1294605
> Depending on the amount of music data on the phone, it's quite easy to
> make it crash. The bug is related to an older crash with the same cause
> (pre-Qt 5.2). But it seems it's even easier to trigger on 5.2. Not reliable
> enough though for upstream to get a good stacktrace (all the ones we had
> were corrupted).
>
> Still having trouble getting a nice stacktrace on this.

>  * random screen hanging up after a while (Kevin):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-mir/+bug/129041<https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-mir/+bug/1290416>
> Seems that one is hard to reproduce (see discussion on the ML). Note that
> Dave didn't get any lock on #246, nor #248.

Still no witness of this as of yet....from anyone on my teams.
If anyone does encounter this, if you can afford to do so, please connect
to your laptop and run top and place that info in the bug. Note, we see no
crash dump here, davmor2 says its strictly a hang.