Re: Landing team meeting 19.03.14

> Given the choice, which is better: to have slightly more frequent
> breakage, but have key engineers be fresh and able to work on urgent
> problems that come their way every so often; or to have our key
> engineers concentrate hard every day to make sure as few regressions as
> possible slip in, at the cost that when difficult problems show up
> they're too tired and demotivated to deal with them properly?  I'm
> worried that risk aversion means we tend to aim for the latter.

Frequent breakages that get put on a "list" while the project moves forward
is
exactly why the Terminal app had the backspace/enter regression for months.
This was a regression that I personally put my own free time and energy
into.
I do not want to see such a thing happen to the music-app, if possible.
There
are two paths to take right now for the music app bug:
  1. Wait for the upstream QtMultimedia bug to be fixed [1]
  2. Move aggressively towards the Media Hub component with playlist support

Given that the project's need to push features to the QA supported channel
(I'm
not convinced that most dogfooders are on the non-proposed channel anyway),
suggest we avoid the upstream battle and move towards integrating the Media
Hub as quickly as possible.

[1] https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37677

Victor